Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

Taking a break from ToML stuff and industry-stuff today because I am so freakin' happy that it's election day! Not because we'll finally know who is going to helm our country for the next four years (though there's that too), but because, to be honest, I am suffering from election-fatigue, and I'm sincerely looking forward to life post:11/04/08. Anyone else?

In other good news (and other causes for sighs of relief), I think I am nearly ready to start my next book. More on that later in the week because, let's be honest, nobody is doing anything other than tuning into CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC today (depending on your loyalties), and while some of us (present company included) might rather lose themselves in a good work of fiction, we're instead very much focused on the realities of today. So let's sit back and watch them, and I'll be back with more in a bit.

And I won't even bother to tell y'all to go vote because I know that you're a bunch of smarties who would never let that opportunity (and gift of freedom) pass you by.

6 comments:

writnkitten said...

so looking forward to tomorrow. no more smear ads. no more crazy props (i'm in CA). hopefully, we will know later tonight that CHANGE is in the air! :)

suzanneelizabeths.com said...

I voted two weeks ago here in FLA. I've been watching the news and checking the political websites since I woke up this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will have a great night!

Trish Ryan said...

Isn't it a huge relief? I'm not sure I've counted down the hours until a day arrived like this since my wedding day...

Suzanne said...

I became a US citizen in April, and today was my first opportunity to vote. I am glad to have been a (small) part of this historic election.

jen said...

Appropos of nothing (other than you starting another book), I just finished your Time of My Life and really really enjoyed it! Found you via Jen Lancaster and am so glad.

Oh and thank GOD the election is over. My head felt like it was going to explode, listening to all the pundits on both side, trying to make up my mind, when most politicians are douchebags anyway.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's over! Great day. And yippee that you're ready for your next book. That's great news!

Woohoo!

Trish

http://www.trishlawrence.com/blog