Friday, July 13, 2007

The Times They Are A'Changin'

Well, I can hardly believe it but it's been A YEAR since I started this blog! Happy anniversary to me! Which means that, while I haven't counted, I must have answered a couple hundred questions by now...and I hope that I've proven myself helpful and put some good juju out there in the world.

SO.

I think, as recent posts have indicated, that I'm going to shift gears a bit from here on out. I feel like I've answered just about every question related to writing that's humanly possible, so I want to expand the blog a bit to discuss a wider range of industry and writing-related subjects. Is that cool with you guys?

I'll definitely still be answering questions: so please don't think that you can't email me with them. You can, and I'll happily post them, along with my insights. But, well, I have other things to say, dammit, and I want to say 'em! :) This also might mean that I'll slow down the pace of the blog, but we'll see how it goes.

So from here on out, that's what we'll be doing. Cool?

In the meantime, if you haven't bought TDLF, why not??? Here's another rave review from the Tampa Tribune, along with another one from Coffee Time Romance. Now, explain to me again what you're waiting for? Buy it here. Buy it now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I've been reading through the archives of your blog, and I've found it interesting and helpful. You seem like a pretty cool and nice person! :)

I have a question that doesn't apply to me right away, and you may not have experience with, but if it's okay I'll ask it anyway? (Also, sorry if someone's asked it before--I haven't gone through all your entries quite yet.)

About the "getting an agent" question--my problem is, I want to write young adult and juvenile fiction. Since writing YA fiction (usually) isn't as lucrative a writing market as others, do you know if it's standard for a writer to have an agent? I've seen YA agents advertising, but I'm not sure if it might be any more difficult getting representation, or if the difference is negligible and all areas take the same amount of perseverance and luck.

Thanks! And by the way, I've seen a few entries about your girlcrush, Mandy Moore--heard her new album yet? I like it. :)

Allison Winn Scotch said...

Anon-

Yes! I adore her new album. It's incredible.

The short answer is that YES, you should def get an agent for YA. In fact, it's one of the hottest markets right now. I'll put this up next week so others can chime in too.

Allison

Trish Ryan said...

Mandy Moore's latest is amazing - glad to know I'm not the only one enjoying it!

Speaking of amazing - Happy Anniversary! Your blog has been a real gift. I'm excited that you'll be branching out to blog about other subjects...creative expansion is good :)

Larramie said...

My goodness, Allison, congratulations and Happy Anniversary to us...I found you after your first or second post.

I've enjoyed your "thoughtful" posts this week and think the new format will be definitely cool! ;o)

Julie said...

Allison,
I check your blog on my feed reader everyday, and have learned a lot from you. Congrats on your blog-iversary! Looking forward to your insights on the industry and writing.

Thanks,
Julie